Monday, August 1, 2011

What is testing?

Testing means when you check something to get expected output. Sometimes you also provide input too and based on type of input you verify whether the expected output is coming or not? Something that you test can be anything. It can be pen, bicycle, car, door, and even Software.We are doing testing in our day to day life. When we open a pen cap, we first test on rough paper and then use it.

Testing is must needed process which should be followed before any product is delivered and if we ignore this process, it may cause financial loss or severe damages.If any company which is into the business of making planes, ignore testing phase and directly use it for passengers, then there are chances of having severe losses sometimes in terms of passengers lives.

Here I will not discuss what is the process of testing for planes. Since I am IT person, I will just talk about testing of software. I will also discuss:

What STLC(Software Testing Life Cycle) is?
Different types of testing.
What is TEST AUTOMATION?
Why automation is required(or when to go for automation)?
Which are the automation technologies?















  

No comments:

Post a Comment